Sunday, October 11, 2009

La logophile

Very rarely do I meet someone who loves words as much as I do. This beautiful young woman not only looks good but she taught me something when I met her yesterday in Mythology, the lovely shop where she works, in Kalk Bay. It has dozens of gorgeous items, but I came away with an addition to my vocabulary, and this picture. As you can see she has some great tattoos - the sweet lass has the name of her parents on each arm. There is one more that says 'sinistra' and she explained to me that's where the word 'sinister' comes from - sinistra means left and long ago left-handed people were thought of as evil. She also helped me take the next picture of her co-worker - and told her to stand with arms akimbo. Smart, beautiful, maybe she's born with it! By the way her white 60s shift dress makes all the right statements about this summer! Gladiators, anyone? Latin roots of English words, anyone?


Here's Dominique, also of Mythology, with a pose you just cannot easily replicate! I'm saying it now - tank tops, especially white ones, are my thing this summer. Here Dominique teams her great one with a salmon-coloured high-waisted, belted pencil skirt. Gladiators add a touch of cool...summer has (almost) started in the Cape. Fresh-faced and stylish- now that's a total Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment