Friday, August 20, 2010

Date with a k(night) or (king)pin

The title's an excuse to replay and rewind the Yeah Yeah Yeah's first album. Two songs that stand out for me. 'Pin' reminds me of being in law school, sleepless nights and listening to Yarek...seems so long ago!
Also the issue of love is still strong - it's coming up to Spring after all. It's also Women's Month in South Africa and I've been thinking about how women choose. Do they have choice? Are they chosen or are they allowed to do the choosing? Which is the most delicious way that the cookie crumbles?
We always choose our own apparel. Are we allowed to choose our paramours? Or do we wait until they choose us? Is it a question of being spotted and saying yes? Bees do it, birds do it...but can we do it a different way? Definitely a question for the online mags and female blogosphere. Always thinking about the next plot. Hatching, fetching, pitching and bitching. Meanwhile, I chose some beautiful people not long ago and there are still pics I never put up, and I really must.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment