Friday, April 9, 2010

Let's go walkabout Cape Town!

I rarely walk by a shop window and think DAY-AM!!? But yesterday these guys stopped me in my tracks. I think by now y'all know I'm a sucker for a pretty face. All three just scream, screech and holler 'hawtness'. Yikes, *fan fan fan thineself* Oh I think there's a 4th guy in there somewhere. But this forefront and the on the farthest right - sigh. Ok so the shop isnt my favourite for menswear, but if these guys can be dressed de sexy, then I think ordinary SA guys can give it de try... no excuses! Perhaps SA clothiers are getting better? One can only hope

So nice, gotta snap it twice! Thanks Adderley Street!

Janet isnt letting go of summer that easily! When I bumped into her yesterday, she was sporting a great late summer look in a short skirt, boots, and hugging one big bag. It's that tee that caught my attention however - I mean, really, anything that says AFRICA in bold usually does it for me.

The surfers know how to be bold and I always see the hot blonds rocking 'Africa Forever' tees. I finally found out where to get em, but I think I'll let the cat out the bag in another post. But it's not just the blonds that are hot, man. Hot all kinds. We got all sorts in this lovely land. Represent girlfriend! I also dig those ginormous louvre shutters at the Iziko Museum Slave Lodge.




Definitely one of my favourites. She really really didnt feel like being photographed. She was tired and gymmed out, and was walking through Company's Gardens with her brother, minding her own business. I dont know what the crazy woman wielding a camera and a set of questions asked her


but she agreed, and my crazy lady alter ego coaxed a smile out of Sbo.


I love the chic and laidback attitude of this lady's look. A classic dress that works as she's workin it, and add to that a beautiful belt, you've got some pizazzness a la Suid Afrika. And those beads? Man - when I think back 3 years ago when I first came to Cape Town and I got them on the cheap at Beads of Africa. Now everyone and their great aunt's grandmother is rockin em, and sorry to say this ladies but not with much originality. So all hail Queen Sbo! Dont make those strings of beads be a focal point; but rather rock some simple, not too thought through magic to work em new.

Miss Tando's hair and simplicity make this late summer look a 'must do'. Shorts by Woolworths. Hair by Tando.


Something I liked when I went into miyabi the other day. I heart Long Street.



Courtney's Cape Cool: You dont get 'tude like this anywhere else in SA. Even though she was very surprised that I picked her for my mini-shoot on Kloof Street recently, she rocked it and I have to say I like the results a lot.


Simple. Street. Stylin. Hair on point, and large hoop earrings and Converse takkies (as we sometimes call them in SA) give the look an edge.



Yolanda's t-shirt and yellow hoop earrings caught my eye. We didnt find anything we liked in this furniture place, and nor did we drink any Coke, but her smile definitely brightened my day.


Home decor aint easy y'all! Especially when you're as picky and specific as we are.




Some time back in early summer Modiegi caught my eye at the V&A Waterfront.
I thought her hair was bangin and also the top she chose to wear made her stand out. Outstanding style.


The flavours of summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment