Monday, September 7, 2009

Jack and Aston


This blog is also a lesson in listening and photography. As an amateur photographer I have to make sure I listen to the subject as well as listen to my intuition. Aston did ask me if I wanted to take another one, and because I was cold and had soup on the brain, I rushed it and said it was fine - the result is blurry but I love his pose. So far the men seem comfortable with me asking them to pose. Hurrah! I saw some working stiffs in Woolies that could be described as artfully arrayed, and will have to detain them at some future juncture. What made me stop these two was that they were speaking Chichewa, making them my homeboys! I couldnt resist Jack's leather jacket - that cleancut hiphop look is on point. Aston is more ghetto ruff and was wearing a Drunkmunky tee. The guy selling the rugs was amused by the Malawians just having a little powwow in front of his stall. After this fruitful excursion...I definitely had some soup and it was good y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment